You’ve made it past Wednesday, it’s a easy slide into the weekend now. Why not make it a little easier by taking some time out to watch my latest video over on Youtube? It’s a very relaxed chat where I go through some of the new products I’ve picked up. Check it out here – NEW VIDEO!
Um, excuse me when did we reach the end of January? Can I please go back to being 10& feeling like the year toooooook soooooooo loooonggggggg.
Welcome back to Freckled.Rambles loves – thanks for swinging by. I know I’ve been totally shit at blogging on a regular basis & I’m going to change that! Today’s post is something I haven’t done before & I’m not sure why considering I find these kinds of posts really interesting when other people do them.
Today we’re looking at products that I have finished up (& remembered to keep the packaging) . We’ll run through whether or not I will be repurchasing, what I thought of the product & the most important thing, would I recommend them to you.
Let’s dive straight in with the makeup products I’ve used up in the last couple weeks.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain
- If you’ve followed me for a while you will know I LOVE this foundation it has been my ride or die since it was released. This is the second bottle I’ve gone through & I will 110% be buying it again. It has a medium to full coverage & is definitely build-able, whilst leaving your skin looking totally natural. All I have to say is if you haven’t got this foundation in your life get on it!
- NYX Cosmetics Matte Finish Setting Spray
- I actually ordered a new one of these yesterday because it one of the most fantastic setting sprays I have ever tried & for $10 you cannot go wrong. If you love a matte finish without looking dry & want your makeup to stay put all day/night long this is for you. NYX is one of my all time loved brands & I am tempted to also pick up this setting spray in the dewy finish because it’s just so good!
- NYX Cosmetics Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Brown & Auburn
- Like I’ve already mentioned I love NYX products, however I am kind of on the fence with these brow pencils. To start with, I have red / auburn hair so when I saw that instead of having to make a brown pencil work for me their was a pencil at an affordable price for my brows I was pumped – unfortunately instead of being a lovely red / auburn the pencil was bordering on fluorescent orange – not the look I was going for. It is safe to say I will not be re-purchasing the Auburn pencil. As for the Brown shade there are some pros & cons, the colour was great & I loved the way it worked with my hair & the rest of my makeup, however I found the pencil slightly chunky & WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NOT HAVE A PROPER SPOILE ON THE END NYX????? The little brow brush on the end of the pencil legitimately did nothing to tame my unruly brows. So I’m on the fence with this one – if you’re ok with using another brush to get your brows into shape & don’t mind a bigger pencil this could be fantastic for you. As for me I’m currently on the powder brow train & don’t plan on getting off it for a while.
I also have two skincare products which I have finished up over the last month.
- Soap & Glory Total Drama Clean 5 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
- I bought this product when I was back in the UK in October & thought it was the bees knees – totally fell in love. I’ve finished the entire bottle now & I have kind of fallen out of love with it (I need to quickly say this could be entirely my own fault because I’m beyond lazy when it comes to skincare) I found the more I used this product into the winter months my skin was feeling drier & drier. This most definitely could be a combination of the moisturiser I was using & the fact that it has been a delightful -25 degrees over the last few months here in Canada. I have also recently re-vamped my skincare routine – like I said I’m uber lazy & I needed something new that worked for me (keep an eye out for something coming soon about it). I might re-purchase this when I am back in the UK (it’s super hard to get in Canada at the moment) but for now I’ll say we had a good run but I’ve found a new love for taking off my makeup.
- Nutrimetics Comfort Calming Day Creme
- I’ve been using Nutrimetics skincare for a couple years now thanks to my amazing mum. The products are full of great things for your skin & they have a really top range so there is definitely something for everyone. I use the comfort range because it’s nice & gentle on the skin, it’s not to heavy but is still very moisturising & feels great. This moisturiser is so fabulous & I will 100% be stocking up again when I am back in Australia, if you haven’t tried anything from Nutrimetics I recommend giving them ago – they also make some really sweet makeup!
There you have my very first ’empties’ post, I really hope you enjoyed & got something from it. If you use or have tried any of these products let me know & let me know what you thought of them – I love to here from you!
Also if anyone is wondering my nail polish in these photos is by LA Colors in the shade Transformer.
As always these thoughts & feelings are totally my own & I have not been sponsored for the content.
HAPPY NEW YEARS LOVES.
I hope that 2017 is everything you want & make sure you get out there & slay everything you do. I have been uber behind in life rolling into the new year so I thought for the first little while, whilst I get myself sorted I’m going to have some short & sweet posts of looks I created over 2016 & their tutorials on the tube.
I adore this look because it is so blown out, grungy & smokey that you feel super bad arse wearing it & lets be fair, who doesn’t love a black lip.
Want to see how to create this glam, festive fall inspired makeup look? Just click the link below & head over to my youtube channel to check it out – make sure to leave me a comment if you’ve come from WordPress.
< video this way >
Happy Tuesday loves,
Today we’re having a look at the beautiful Kaylie’s face & this pumpkin spiced fall glam look I created. It’s beyond easy to recreate & I tried really hard to use products which you can dupe or pick up easily. To see the full tutorial head over to my youtube channel!
> click me <
Thanks for dropping by & I will chat with you all in my next post!
As I am sure you can tell from the title this little post it is a first impressions on the Urban Decay | Gwen Stefani Lip Liner, I picked up the shade Rock Steady from Sephora online (Canada) last week for the amazing discounted price of $16.00! This is going to be a two part post as I will be running through what I first thought of the liner in this post & at the end of the week I will be creating a make-up look with this liner as the feature.
I would also like to show you all a glimpse of where I am living & working for the next 5 months, the water front you can see in the back of the photos in this post is the docks at the lake front on the camp I am working at. Taking photos on the water front in the full sun was spectacular!
Alright, time to get into the details:
Firstly, the packaging is gorgeous. It is so important for a brand to immediately, before you have even seen or tested the product draw the buyer in with the packaging. This Urban Decay liner does exactly that. The white & gold diagonal stripes are fun yet classic and exert a feeling of lavishness. Additionally, the coloured strip which runs down the end and back half of the packaging provides you with the name & visual representation of the colour of the liner (photo no.2).
Secondly, the actual casing of the liner is sleek, smooth & evenly balanced. I like the contrast in colour to the packaging, with the diagonal gold stripes being contrasted against black instead of white & the end of the pencil is the same red colour as the liner.
Thirdly, the colour is special, blood red & perfect for a statement ‘don’t f**k with me’ look. The pencil is also very creamy, which can be both a good & bad thing as you need to ensure precise application with the correct amount of pressure as you do not want to be smudging the line of your lip.
Once I have completed a look using this liner I will be back with part two of the post & fill you in on the longevity, comfort & colour pay off on the lips.
All in all I am very excited about this liner & think it will become a go to in my make-up bag. Let me know, have any of you got this liner or others from the Gwen Stefani collection? What do you think of them?
Apologise for the delay in this post getting to you all. I moved to England last Wednesday & it has been a whirlwind of sightseeing & getting myself sorted with the huge weather change from boiling Australia.
Here is a super quick post about the LimeCrime Venus Palette 1, I’m not a huge fan of the second palette which was released a few months ago but this one is to die for.
As the lovely ladies at LimeCrime stated the palette is the ’90’s grunge look’ heaven. With a host of ‘bruised fruit’ coloured shadows full of lasting pigment & jazz.
Divine & Muse are my absolute favourites, but unlike so many palettes all of these colours are versatile & make an ideal basic palette.
Moreover, the packaging is adorable & transport friendly. The lid holds closed with a magnetic press stud & the small rectangular shape fits into most small make up bags which is a refreshing change to monstrous palettes with the same number of shadows.
That was short & sweet, much like this palette. I have started filming some tutorials so watch out for those soon.