Um, excuse me when did we reach the end of January? Can I please go back to being 10& feeling like the year toooooook soooooooo loooonggggggg.
Welcome back to Freckled.Rambles loves – thanks for swinging by. I know I’ve been totally shit at blogging on a regular basis & I’m going to change that! Today’s post is something I haven’t done before & I’m not sure why considering I find these kinds of posts really interesting when other people do them.
Today we’re looking at products that I have finished up (& remembered to keep the packaging) . We’ll run through whether or not I will be repurchasing, what I thought of the product & the most important thing, would I recommend them to you.
Let’s dive straight in with the makeup products I’ve used up in the last couple weeks.
- Too Faced Born This Way Foundation in Porcelain
- If you’ve followed me for a while you will know I LOVE this foundation it has been my ride or die since it was released. This is the second bottle I’ve gone through & I will 110% be buying it again. It has a medium to full coverage & is definitely build-able, whilst leaving your skin looking totally natural. All I have to say is if you haven’t got this foundation in your life get on it!
- NYX Cosmetics Matte Finish Setting Spray
- I actually ordered a new one of these yesterday because it one of the most fantastic setting sprays I have ever tried & for $10 you cannot go wrong. If you love a matte finish without looking dry & want your makeup to stay put all day/night long this is for you. NYX is one of my all time loved brands & I am tempted to also pick up this setting spray in the dewy finish because it’s just so good!
- NYX Cosmetics Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Brown & Auburn
- Like I’ve already mentioned I love NYX products, however I am kind of on the fence with these brow pencils. To start with, I have red / auburn hair so when I saw that instead of having to make a brown pencil work for me their was a pencil at an affordable price for my brows I was pumped – unfortunately instead of being a lovely red / auburn the pencil was bordering on fluorescent orange – not the look I was going for. It is safe to say I will not be re-purchasing the Auburn pencil. As for the Brown shade there are some pros & cons, the colour was great & I loved the way it worked with my hair & the rest of my makeup, however I found the pencil slightly chunky & WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NOT HAVE A PROPER SPOILE ON THE END NYX????? The little brow brush on the end of the pencil legitimately did nothing to tame my unruly brows. So I’m on the fence with this one – if you’re ok with using another brush to get your brows into shape & don’t mind a bigger pencil this could be fantastic for you. As for me I’m currently on the powder brow train & don’t plan on getting off it for a while.
I also have two skincare products which I have finished up over the last month.
- Soap & Glory Total Drama Clean 5 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water
- I bought this product when I was back in the UK in October & thought it was the bees knees – totally fell in love. I’ve finished the entire bottle now & I have kind of fallen out of love with it (I need to quickly say this could be entirely my own fault because I’m beyond lazy when it comes to skincare) I found the more I used this product into the winter months my skin was feeling drier & drier. This most definitely could be a combination of the moisturiser I was using & the fact that it has been a delightful -25 degrees over the last few months here in Canada. I have also recently re-vamped my skincare routine – like I said I’m uber lazy & I needed something new that worked for me (keep an eye out for something coming soon about it). I might re-purchase this when I am back in the UK (it’s super hard to get in Canada at the moment) but for now I’ll say we had a good run but I’ve found a new love for taking off my makeup.
- Nutrimetics Comfort Calming Day Creme
- I’ve been using Nutrimetics skincare for a couple years now thanks to my amazing mum. The products are full of great things for your skin & they have a really top range so there is definitely something for everyone. I use the comfort range because it’s nice & gentle on the skin, it’s not to heavy but is still very moisturising & feels great. This moisturiser is so fabulous & I will 100% be stocking up again when I am back in Australia, if you haven’t tried anything from Nutrimetics I recommend giving them ago – they also make some really sweet makeup!
There you have my very first ’empties’ post, I really hope you enjoyed & got something from it. If you use or have tried any of these products let me know & let me know what you thought of them – I love to here from you!
Also if anyone is wondering my nail polish in these photos is by LA Colors in the shade Transformer.
As always these thoughts & feelings are totally my own & I have not been sponsored for the content.